Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 5 |
In this recipe of egg curry, boiled eggs are simmered in a rich cashew nut based gravy, making it quite different from regular egg curries.
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1 medium size green capsicum or bell pepper – cut into thin slices
- 2 medium onions
- 1 large tomato
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 3-4 green chillies
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp each cumin and coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ cup well beaten yoghurt
- ½ cup cashew nut paste
- Water around 1 cup
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Directions & How to
- Grind together onions, tomatoes, green chillies, ginger and garlic into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry boiled eggs and capsicum slices for a minute, remove and keep aside.
- To the same oil, add ground paste and cook it till the raw smell disappears and oil starts separating from it.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder and yoghurt. Cook it further for 2-3 minutes. Add cashew nut paste. Adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding required amount of water. Adjust the salt and seasoning, now put in the fried eggs and capsicum, simmer the gravy for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.