Pyaz pakore..very popular and very tasty tea time snack or evening snack through out India. South Indian prefers to fry their pakoras in coconut oil and north Indian prefers mustard oil. You can choose either of the oils or any refined oil to make this yummy pakoras.
- 2 medium sized onions - sliced
- 2-3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 8-10 curry leaves - finely chopped - optional
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves - finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup gram flour/besan
- Oil for deep frying
Directions & How to
- In a large mixing bowl, take all the ingredients listed from onions to salt (except besan and oil).
- Mix it well and keep it aside for 5 minutes. Now mix gramflour or besan in it.
- Add water little by little a to help the besan coat to the onions. ( It will not hold more than 2-3 tbsp of water). Mix it well. Check the seasoning once.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, put spoonful of the onion mixture and deep fry till golden and crispy. Take care not to over crowd the pan while frying, fry in small batches.
- Remove on absorbent paper and serve hot with tomato sauce or green chutney.