Egg Curry Poached Style
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4 |
A different and easy style of making egg curry. Preparing the gravy and poaching eggs in it. Easy as well as tasty.
- 5 eggs
- 2 medium sized onions – sliced
- 1 large tomato – chopped
- 3-4 green chilies – chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ tsp dry mango powder or amchur powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ cup water
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Directions & How to
- In a pan heat oil, add onions and fry till it browns. Add chopped tomatoes, chilies and ginger garlic paste and cook till tomatoes turns soft and pulpy.
- Add salt and all the spices except the garam masala powder. Sauté it for a minute, add around ½ cup of water and cook it covered for another 8-10 minutes.
- Now break the eggs one by one over the gravy, take care not to mix or stir the gravy after putting the eggs, sprinkle the garam masala powder and coriander leaves over it and cook it covered on slow flame for around 6-7 minutes or till the eggs are cooked through.
- Serve hot.