Karele Ki Sukhi Sabzi
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 5 |
Be the first to review Views: 581
Karele ki sukhi sabzi is a bitter gourd dish where it is cut into thin slices and cooked with whole spices. A tasty and easy to make dish.
- 250 grams bitter gourd – karela
- 2 medium potatoes
- 5-6 garlic flakes
- 2-3 dry red chilli
- ½ tsp black pepper corns - kali mirch
- ½ tsp coriander seeds- dhania
- ½ tsp cumin seeds- zeera
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds- methi
- ½ tsp fennel seeds- saunf
- ½ tsp mustard seeds- rai
- ¼ carom seeds- ajwain
- ¼ tsp onion seeds or nigella- kalonji
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder- haldi
- ¼ tsp dry mango powder - amchur
- 1 pinch of asafeotida- hing
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Remove the seeds from bitter gourd and cut them into thin slices. Peel and cut potatoes into thin and small slices. Chop garlic into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. When it turns hot, slightly slow down the flame. Add a pinch of asafoetida, garlic, red chillies, pepper corns, cumin, coriander, fennel, mustard, carom and onion seeds. When everything starts to splutter add turmeric powder.
- Add sliced bitter gourds and potatoes and fry it well. Keep stirring in between, add salt and cook it for around 4-5 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked through.
- When almost done sprinkle dry mango powder (amchur) over it. Stir well.
- Serve hot.