Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 4 |
Chicken Shorba a tasty and nutritious chicken soup with hot and spicy Indian flavours.
- 200 grams chicken with bones
- ½ cup finely chopped spring onion’s greens
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ part of a small onion
- 1 green chilli - slit
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- ½ inch piece ginger - crushed
- 3-4 sprigs fresh coriander leaves
- 2 green cardamom
- 2 cloves
- ½ inch piece cinnamon
- 5-6 black pepper corns
- Salt as per taste
- 5-6 cups of water
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper sauce/capsico sauce
- Juice of half a lime
Directions & How to
- In a large pot take chicken pieces and all the ingredients from List A and bring it to a boil and allow it to simmer for around 10-15 minutes.
- Remove chicken pieces, strain and keep aside the stock and discard all the other ingredients.
- Shred all the meat from chicken pieces and discard the bones. Take 1/4 cup of shredded chicken for this recipe and keep the remaining for some other use.
- In another pan heat butter, add flour, stir and fry it for 30 seconds, add the stock and bring it to a boil.
- Add shredded chicken, chopped greens of spring onions and all ingredients from list B and leave it to simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and serve it hot.