Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-12 mins Servings: 4 |
Dal Shorba is quick, easy and nutritious split green gram or yellow moong dal soup.
- ½ cup moong dal
- 4-5 cups water
- 1 tsp ginger - grated
- 1 small green chilli finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves – finely chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt as per taste
Directions & How to
- Mix ginger, green chilli, turmeric, salt and water in the dal and pressure cook it till 3-4 whistles.
- Open the cooker after the pressure reduces and put it back on flame.
- Mix it well till it gets a creamy texture, adjust the consistency on how thick or thin you want it, you can add some more water if needed.
- Add butter, coriander leaves and lemon juice and simmer it for 4-5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and serve it hot.