Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 1-1.5 cup |
Potato filling..a ideal filling to make punjabi samosa..a very common street food almost through out India..
- 1 onion - sliced
- 3 medium sized potatoes - boiled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2-3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/zeera
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- A pinch of asafoetida/hing
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Heat oil, add cumin seeds and asafoetida, when it crackles, add onions and saute till it turns soft.
- Mix chillies and ginger and, fry for a minute, add green peas and stir well.
- Mix in salt, pepper powder and coriander powder, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or till the peas are cooked through.
- Mix in potatoes, mash them a little and saute again for around 2 minutes.
- The filling is ready...let it cool before using it.