Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: mins Servings: 6-8 |
Coconut Chutney is a south Indian spicy chutney served with almost every dish. Made with fresh coconut it is tasty and easy to make.
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 2 tbsp roasted chana dal
- 2 green chillies
- 3 tbsp curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp urad dal (split black gram)
- Few fenugreek seeds
- ¾ tsp mustard seeds
- ¾ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- 1 red whole chilli
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Directions & How to
- Place together coconut, roasted chana dal green chillies and curd in a grinder and grind to a fine paste. Transfer to a bowl and then add salt and keep aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a small frying pan. Add urad dal and fry for 1 minute.
- Then add fenugreek, cumin and mustard seeds, and red chilli and curry leaves. And as they splutter pour the tempering over the chutney immediately.
- Serve with any south Indian dish.