Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking Time: 30-35 mins
Servings: 4 |
Mutton Paya or lamb trotters are cooked with Indian spices, a non-vegeterians delight in winter mornings.
- 4 mutton paaye (lamb trotters)
- 1 medium sized onion finely sliced
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 black cardamoms
- 5-6 peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 cups of water
Directions & How to
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaf, whole garam masala, sliced onions. Fry onions till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, sauté for few seconds.
- Add chilli and coriander powders, cook till oil separates.
- Add the paaye and fry them in masala for 2-3 minutes. Keep adding few drops of water to avoid the masala from getting burnt.
- Add water and salt. Put on high heat for 2 -3 whistles. Lower the heat and cook for 20-30 minutes or till done.
- Serve with naan.
- In absence of pressure cooker double the quantity of water and cook till they are completely done.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe