Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 20-25 mins Servings: 4 |
Dahi keema, a mild spicy preparation of mince using yogurt and seasoned with few simple spices, its a dish that an be savoured with naans and rotis or plain boiled rice.
- 1/2 kg hand ground mince -you can use meat as per your choice mutton, beef or lamb.
- 1 large onion - sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- Little fried onion, coriander leaves and lemon wedge for garnishing
- 1 small onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp black pepper corns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup beaten yogurt
- Handful of fresh coriander and mint leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1\2 tsp black salt
- 1 cup water
Directions & How to
- Grind the ingredients in list A to a paste and keep aside.
- Blend the ingredients in list B in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add mince and fry it well, stirring continuously, breaking any lumps if formed.
- Add the ground paste and salt, saute well and cook it covered till it is almost done.
- Now mix in the yogurt mixture, stir well and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with fried onions, coriander leaves and lemon wedges.