Mutton Qorma – Party Style
Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Servings: 4-6 |
This Mutton Qorma is a scrumptious main dish in most of the Indian Muslim wedding parties. It is served with rumali / tandoor roti (bread).
- 1/2 kilo mutton (with bones)
- 1 cup refined oil
- 4 big onions- sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut in slices
- 4 medium green chillies - chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 3/4 cup curd - well beaten
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp kitchen king masala
- 3 tbsp meat masala
- 2 tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves chopped
Directions & How to
- Clean and wash the mutton. Add 1 tbsp vinegar and 1/2 tbsp salt and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in 5 litre cooker (or thick bottom pan).
- Add onions and fry till they turn light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp vinegar and stir for 20 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, green chillies and fry for another 20 seconds.
- remove the cooked masala, let it cool for sometime then and roughly grind it in a grinder (leave the oil in the pan or cooker)
- Wash mutton twice, add it to the same oil and fry it well for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove mutton from pan and add the ground paste into oil.
- Add all the spices and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add mutton and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and curd.
- Fry for another minute.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 12-15 minutes (5 minutes on full flame then on low flame).
- If you cooking in a pan add 3 cups of water and cook for 20-25 minutes or till it is cooked through. ( First 5 minutes cook on full flame and then on low flame).
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe