Cornflour Apple Kheer
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4 |
Total reviews: 4 Views: 1,096
Cornflour apple kheer is a very tasty and easy to make dessert. This dessert is sure to keep your guests asking more of it. Prepare it one day ahead of the party, as it tastes better the next day.
- 500 ml full cream milk
- 1 large apple
- 1 packet jelly - cherry, strawberry, black current, lemon any flavour of your choice
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tin or 200 gms condensed milk
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts - almonds, cashews, pistachios
Directions & How to
- Prepare the jelly as per the instruction on its package and leave it to set in the refrigerator.
- Take milk in a thick bottomed pan. Add sugar and cornflour. Mix well till the cornflour dissolve completely, break any lumps if formed.
- Bring the pan to boil on a low heat. Keep stirring it continuously and cook till it thickens. This may take around 6-8 minutes.
- Add around 1/2 tin of condensed milk or more if you want it more sweet. Cook it for another 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel the apple and grate it.
- Let the kheer cool completely, mix in chopped nuts and grated apple and refrigerate it for 4-5 hours or preferably over night.
- To serve transfer it to serving bowls. Mix into it spoon full of set jelly, garnish with some more chopped nuts and serve chill.