Pan Seared Lemon Chicken
Pan seared lemon chicken is a very delectable, spicy and tangy preparation. Marinated in lemon juice, crisp onion and other fine spices brings out a lots of flavours and then its seared and roasted upto perfection. Serve it as a starter and its sure to set your party on fire with your guests licking their fingers.
- 4 no. whole chicken legs
- 3 fresh lemons or 2 tbsp lemon juice plus one extra lemon
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp fried and crushed onion
- 3-4 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil + 1 tbsp of butter
Directions & How to
- Wash the chicken legs and make small gashes over it with a sharp knife.
- In a small bowl prepare the marinade by combining lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, ground pepper,chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, corn flour and salt. *Note - If the marinade is too dry and doesnt mix easily then add around 1-2 tbsp of water to it.
- Rub the marinade over the chicken legs, cover it and leave it to marinate for round 2-4 hours.
- Now before frying the chicken, take the marinated chicken, mix into it fried onion, chopped garlic, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and fenugreek leaves. Mix it well with your hands and let it stand for around 5 minutes.
- Heat a large heavy bottomed skillet or pan, when it turns hot, pour the oil and roll it over the entire skillet nicely. Now place the chicken legs on hot skillet and cook it on high heat for around 2 minutes. Low down the heat and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now flip all the leg pieces once and cook it again on high heat for 1 minute, and then on low heat for around 3-4 minutes or till it is almost cooked through.
- Once the chicken is almost done, increase the heat, add to it a tbsp of butter and squeeze over it the juice of a whole lemon and sear it nicely for another 1-2 minutes, flipping the legs once again.
- Serve hot with green chutney or garlic mayonnaise.