Veg raita…one of the most popular raita made in every Indian household. Vegetables thats available in your kitchen like onions, tomatoes, cabbage, cucumbers, olives etc are used with slight variations in the seasoning or dressing. Black salt is also commonly used in it. Here I have used minced garlic and vinegar, which makes it extra flavourful. Enjoy the extremely healthy, nutritious and tasty raita with your day to day meals.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1 small tomato - deseeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber - chopped
- 1 small carrot - chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage - chopped
- 2 garlic flakes - finely chopped or minced
- 2-3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp each chopped coriander and mint leaves
- Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- Whisk yogurt with salt, pepper, vinegar, garlic and chilly.
- Combine all the chopped veggies. Mix well and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Serve chilled.