Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 0 mins Servings: |
Pickled lemon…its my mother in law’s recipe….easy to make and great to taste…can be enjoyed as a tangy pickle with meals, and she also use it in making delicious chilli coriander green chutney.
- 10-12 no. lemon
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds/ajwain
- 1 black cardamom
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 100 grams table salt
- 20 grams black salt
Directions & How to
- Grind cumin seeds, pepper corn, carom seeds and black cardamom to a coarse powder.
- Wash, dry and cut lemon into halves.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground spices and both the salt. Add lemon pieces and toss it well. Transfer to a clean and dry glass jar. Pour the juice of 2 lemons on top.
- Cover and keep it in direct sunlight for 3-4 days.