Karonda Jam (carrissa carandas)
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 40-50 mins Servings: |
Karonda jam is something you will not find readymade in markets. It has natural pectin and the cooked jam has beautiful colour without any added colour or preservative.
- 250 g karonda berries
- 600 g sugar
- 2 cups water
Directions & How to
- Wash and cut the berries (karonda ) in halves.
- Add water and berries (karonda) in a saucepan. Cover and cook for 10-20 minutes until they are soft.
- Mash the berries (karonda) very well and strain through a sieve using wooden spoon to push the pulp. The juice will be pink in colour.
- Put the juice and sugar in heavy bottomed pan. Bring to a boil stirring continuously.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes until the colour changes to reddish and thickness increases.
- Test the jam. Drop ½ tsp on a chilled plate if it does not flow it is done, otherwise cook for few more minutes.
- Store in sterilized jar.
- Cook the jam on medium to high heat.