Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 2 |
Bursting with nutrients from the humble beetroot, here is another power boosting condiment to various rice and pulaos. Very healthy, nutritious, and vibrantly coloured beetroot raita.
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 small beetroot
- 1 green chilli - slit
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- A little black salt
- A pinch of roasted cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Peel, and boil beetroot till it is partly cooked. Cool and cut in into very fine pieces.
- Whisk the yoghurt with salt, black salt and refrigerate it till serving time.
- Heat oil in a small wok/kadhai. Add cumin seeds, and curry leaves. When it splutters add finely chopped beetroot and green chilly, saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- Just before serving mix it in yoghurt. Sprinkle cumin powder and serve immediately.