Tandoori Gobi Musallam
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 35-40 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Tandoori gobi musallam….whole cauliflower marinated in a flavourful blend of spices and then baked till perfection. Its pretty presentable and very appealing north Indian dish for your party table which is sure to be loved and relished.
- 1 head cauliflower - around 500 grams to 750 grams
For the marinade
- 1 cup thick yoghurt - well beaten
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 2-3 tbsp tandoori masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek/kasuri methi
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves - finely chopped
- Juice of half lemon
- 2 -3 tbsp roasted gram flour/ bhuna besan
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- Heat enough water in a pot. Add salt and little turmeric powder. Boil the cauliflower in it for around 5-7 minutes.
- Drain and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade and mix it well.
- Take the cauliflower and rub the marinade very well over it. Take care to coat the marinade inside the florets too. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it, leave it to marinate for 4-6 hours or preferably over night.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with butter paper. Place the marinated gobi on it and cook it in the preheated oven at 200°C till done, it might take around 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot.