Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Be the first to review Views: 656
Chicken bezule…fried chunks of pre marinated chicken is a very popular street food of Mangalore, a city in southern India. Chicken bezule can be enjoyed as a snack along with tea or as a starter to a meal.
- 500 grams chicken with bones or boneless- cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 3 tbsp refined flour/maida
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- A pinch of red food colour - optional
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying the chicken
- Around 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 4-5 garlic flakes
- 3-4 green chillies
Directions & How to
- Take all the ingredients from list B and grind it to a coarse paste.
- In a large mixing bowl take the ground paste, add cumin powder, garam masala powder, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and red food colour (if using). Mix well.
- Add the chicken and mix well. Cover the bowl, refrigerate it and leave it to marinate for atleast 3-4 hours or preferably over night.
- Before frying mix the rice flour and refined flour and deep fry in hot oil in small batches on medium high heat.
- Fry some whole green chillies along with the last batch of chicken.
- When done sprinkle little chat masala or lemon juice and serve hot garnished with fried green chillies.