Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 5-10 mins Servings: 4 |
Chickpea salad…or kabuli chana salad is simple, nutritious summer salad..its a protein packed meal in itself. Chickpea salad is a good option for weight watchers as chick peas are known to cut down hunger cravings.
- 1 cup boiled and cooled chickpeas/kabuli chana
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 firm tomato - deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cucumber - finely chopped
- 1 pepper/capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- Few pitted black olives - sliced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 dry mint leaves or 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp sumac - optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil - optional
- Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the veggies and boiled chickpeas and mix well. Add the prepared dressing and toss everything well.
- Transfer it on a serving plate and serve immediately.