Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-12 mins Servings: 4 |
Total reviews: 1 Views: 1,212
A beautiful preparation of boiled eggs, sauteed in onions, tomatoes, capsicums and spices. Its a nutritious, quick and tasty dish to serve as a main course. Egg jalfrezi tastes best with parathas and naans.
- 4-5 hard boiled eggs - cut into quarters
- 1 large onion - cut into cubes
- 1 large tomato- cubes
- 1 large capsicum - cubes
- 5-6 flakes of garlic - finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies - chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 ginger powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- Salt as per taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- A handful of chopped coriander leaves
Directions & How to
- Heat oil in a wok, add chopped garlic and cumin seeds when it splutter add cubed onions, capsicum and tomato . Sauté it for a minute.
- Add green chillies, ginger powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and cook it covered for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and red chilli sauce, stir well, check the seasoning once and add the hard boiled eggs. Sprinkle little coriander leaves.
- Gently stir everything and saute it for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves and green chillies.