French Onion Soup
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-20 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 2 |
French onion soup is another popular dish. This recipe uses all vegetarian ingredients and I have substituted sherry as well. These substitutions make it a simple recipe… get ready to impress your family and guests.
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maida
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Few bread slices
Directions & How to
- Peel the onion; quarter it and then finely slice it.
- Dissolve apple cider vinegar in water and keep aside.
- Heat the butter and oil together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onions and cook them till they are lightly caramelized.
- Add maida and stir well to remove the raw smell and also to avoid any lumps.
- Add vegetable stock and water stir well.
- Let it cook on simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile lightly toast the bread; add some grated cheese on each and grill on high heat in an oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the soup in serving bowl top with grilled bread slices and serve.