Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 2-3 |
Paneer Parantha is a famous north indian stuffed bread which can be made with readily available ingredients in your kitchen.
For the dough
- 1 and half cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp.oil
- Water as required.
For the stuffing
- 2 cup finely grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. dry mango powder (aam choor)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. coriander powder (lightly roasted)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. chopped corriander leaves
- Oil to fry the paranthas.
Directions & How to
- Mix flour, salt, oil and water to make a soft dough. Make 5-6 equal sized balls.
- Mix all the ingredients for stuffing and divide equally into 5-6 portions. Shape them like a ball.
- Roll out about 2 inch diameter circle of one dough ball, keep the paneer ball in the center and pinch all the edges towards the center. Do likewise with rest of the dough and paneer balls.
- Now flatten each ball with your palm and roll out paranthas
- Heat a non stick pan, shallow fry each parantha till crisp.
- Serve hot with sauce or pickle.