Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 4-5 |
Dosti roti is specially for people who like to eat really thin and soft rotis. It can be a smaller version of rumali roti to make wraps.
- 1 cup flour plus extra to roll the roti
- 1/4th cup of milk
- ½ cup oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch baking soda(optional)
- Water to knead the dough
Directions & How to
- Make soft and pliable dough by combining flour, salt, baking soda, milk, 1 tsp oil and water. Knead the dough for 5 minutes. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for ½ an hour.
- Pinch a small portion of dough as you would for puris and make smooth ball. Make 10- 12 balls.
- Dab oil all over 2 balls with a pastry brush or dip the ball in the oil lightly.
- Press the 2 balls together and flatten with your palm. Lightly press it in dry flour and roll out a roti of your girdle’s size or as much convenient.
- Put the roti onto the hot girdle. When one side seems cooked, turn over the other side pressing lightly with a clean cloth to ensure even coking. The specks on the roti should be pink not brown.
- Take the roti off the girdle and separate the two after 1 minute. They will easily pull off because of the oil.
- Repeat likewise with rest of the dough. Keep the rotis covered in a clean cloth in a casserole, till serving.