Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Total Time: Preparation Time: 5-10 mins Cooking Time: 15-25 mins Servings: 2 |
Broccoli and Cheese Soup is such a delicious recipe. Here is a very simple recipe which makes soup base in a microwave. And even though it is simple its creamy texture will not fail to impress anyone.
- 1 small broccoli, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4-5 mushrooms chopped
- 1 -2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2-3 cheese cubes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp maida
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions & How to
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan; add chopped onion, mushrooms and broccoli; sauté on high heat for few seconds. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook on low heat until softened.
- In a microwave proof bowl mix in butter, maida and ½ cup milk. Mix well leaving no lumps. Microwave the mixture for 2 minutes. Mix in the rest of the milk and transfer to a saucepan.
- Put the saucepan back on stove stir in vegetable stock without creating in lumps.
- Next add in cheese, broccoli, mushrooms and onion let it come to a boil; simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.