Chicken Zinger Burger
Total Time: Preparation Time: 20-25 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 4 |
Chicken zinger burger…one of the yummiest chicken burger ever..the recipe may read a little bit lengthy, but do follow it, its very easy and fool proof. Enjoy this chicken zinger burger with your family this weekend… a happy family meal time!!!
To prepare the crisp chicken
- 2 pieces of boneless chicken thigh - you can use chicken breast part too
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder and ginger powder or 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce - optional
- Salt to taste
For the crisp coating
- 4-5 tbsp corn flour
- 4-5 tbsp refined flour/maida
- 2-3 tbsp crushed corn flakes
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- A little salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 burger buns
- Few slices of tomatoes
- Few slices of onions
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 no. cheese slices
- Few lettuce or salad leaves
Directions & How to
- Take the boneless chicken, cut it half into thin slice, so that we get 4 pieces out of it. Pound it lightly with a rolling pin (belan) to slighlty flatten it. Pound each piece and keep aside. Rinse and pat dry.
- Take the chicken pieces on a plate and sprinkle all the ingredients for marination and mix it well. Cover and leave it to marinate in the fridge for 4-5 hours or preferably over night.
- Mix all the dry ingredients for coating and first spread half of it on a flat plate or tray. Take the milk in a bowl and keep beside.
- Now take each piece of chicken, dip it in the milk and coat it generously with our coating mixture from both the sides. Dip it again in the milk and coat once again with the coating mix. Repeat the process. All together we need to do the dipping and coating three times. (once the coating mix (flour mix) is consumed use the remaining half, we are not using the entire flour mix together because, because of dripping milk it easily gets wet and messy, so first use half of it and then use the remaining in a fresh plate.)
- Now deep fry the well coated chicken in hot oil on medium heat till done and crisp. Dont over crowd the pan, it make take around 2-3 minutes for each side to cook. Once done and crisp remove on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Now to assemble the burger, cut the burger bun in halves and lightly toast them. ( just fry on both the sides in a frying pan, you may use little butter if you wish to.)
- Take the bottom or base of the bun, spread a little mayonnaise, place few lettuce or salad leaves and place a cheese slice over it.
- Place a fried chicken piece on top and arrange few onion and tomato rings or slices on it.
- If you wish spread a little more mayonnaise over it and cover with the top part of the bun.
- Follow the same with the rest of the buns.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.