Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 5-7 mins Servings: 2-4 |
One of the most popular, easy and a quick to prepare dish of southern India…also a good way to use up the leftover rice..its a spicy, lemony, aromatic pulao with enough crunch from the roasted peanuts..
- 2 cups cooked/boiled rice or you may use leftover rice
- 1.5 to 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal - spilt & skinned black gram
- 1 tsp split bengal gram - channa dal
- 1-2 green chillies - slit
- 2 dry red chilies
- 12-15 curry leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida/hing
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ cup peanuts or moong phalli
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- Heat oil in a deep pan or kadhai, fry the peanuts, remove and keep aside.
- To the same oil add mustard seeds, when they splutter add bengal gram, black gram, red chillies, curry leaves and hing. Saute it for few seconds.
- Add peanuts, turmeric powder, green chillies and salt. Saute for few more seconds.
- Mix in the rice, lemon juice and coriander leaves, toss everything well.
- Cook it for around 2-3 minutes, check the seasoning once.
- Serve hot with poppadums or papad.