Chaney Ka Saag
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 30-35 mins Servings: 4 |
Chaney ka saag is a traditional and authentic northern indian dish. When the plants are very young the leaves are eaten raw as snack with lahsun mirch ki chutney.
- 500 g chaney ka saag
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 4-5 green chillies, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- Wash the saag thoroughly and seperate the leaves from thick stalks and chop finely.
- Boil 4 cups of water, add chopped saag and 4 garlic cloves and cook for 5 to 7 mins approximately.
- Strain the saag and grind it in a food processor when it cools itself.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add rest of garlic, cumin seeds and green chillies , saute for couple of mins.
- Add the saag and salt and cook for about 20 mins, stirring in between.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder, add a dash of butter and serve with your choice of roti.