Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 30-35 mins Servings: 5 |
Keema Aloo is minced meat cooked with potatoes and other spices. A yummy main course dish to be savoured with naans or parathas.
- ½ kg Minced meat - you can use any ground meat as per your choice mutton, beef or lamb.
- 3 medium potatoes – boiled and mashed
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 3 large tomatoes – peeled and chopped finely
- 6-7 flakes of garlic
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 4 dry red chillies
- ¾ tbsp red chilli powder – lessen the quantity if you want it less spicy
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
Directions & How to
- Grind the garlic, ginger and red chillies into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan, add onions and fry till golden, remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil add the ground paste and cook it for 2-3 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they turn soft. Add all the spices (chilli, coriander and cumin powders) and sauté it.
- Add minced meat and fry it well, stirring continuously, breaking up any lumps if formed. Add fried onions, mix it well and cook it for 4-5 minutes. Add salt and a cup of water and cook it covered on low heat for around 15-20 minutes or till the meat is cooked through.
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes and mix well and cook it for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with lemon juice and fresh coriander leaves.