Tawa Paneer Masala
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Tawa paneer masala…is a popular Indian dish served mainly in all the north Indian restaurants. Its easy to make and goes well with naans and roti…tawa paneer served with garlic naan is a rocking combo…
- 250 gms paneer/cottage cheese - cut into small cubes
- 1 large onion - finely chopped
- 1 medium capsicum - finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes - pureed
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 green chillies - finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds/ajwain
- 1 tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder/lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp + 1tsp crushed kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves
- salt as required
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Take paneer in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder,salt and little kasuri methi, mix gently and leave it to marinate for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Heat butter on a tawa/skillet, when it melts add marinated paneer and fry it nicely for 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- To the same tawa add oil and heat it. Add cumin and carom seeds. When they splutter add chopped onions and saute till they turn golden.
- Add green chillies, chopped capsicum and ginger garlic paste, stir and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, yogurt and salt stir it and cook for a minute.
- Now add tomato puree and cook it further stirring in between till the tomato puree is cooked enough. This may take around 4-5 minutes.
- Now mix fried paneer and saute it well. Sprinkle garam masala powder and kasuri methi and stir well.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander leaves.