Methi Fish Fry
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 6 |
Methi fish fry is a very delicious and scrumptious dish that can be served as starters or as main course. Beautiful blend of methi and ajwain makes it more flavorful.
- 500 grams fish cut into slices - king fish, pomfret, or any fish of your choice
- 1/2 cup hung yoghurt
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp dry kasuri methi - fenugreek leaves - crushe
- 1 tsp carom seeds- ajwain
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp roasted gram flour
- 2 - 3 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Wash and pat dry the fish slices.
- Dry roast pepper corns, carom seeds and cumin seeds. Grind it to a coarse powder.
- Mix it in hung yoghurt along with garlic paste, green chilli paste, dry kasuri methi, lemon juice, salt and gram flour. Blend everything well and prepare the marinade.
- Marinate the fish slices in it for around 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Cook it on a charcoal or electric grill. Alternatively you can even shallow fry it in hot oil till crisp.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and green chutney.