Cheesy Cigar Rolls
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 5-10 mins Servings: 6-8 |
Cheesy cigar rolls…yummy, crispy, little rolls made of readymade samosa strips, stuffed with cheese and fried till crisp…a too good snack to enjoy as a finger food….its a “no one can eat just once” kind of snacky rollls…
- 5-6 samosa strips
- 2 tbsp flour/maida
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup grated/crumbled paneer/cottage cheese or 1/4 cup fine shredded spiced sauteed chicken
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Pepper to taste
Directions & How to
- To prepare the vegetarian filling, combine grated cheese, grated paneer, pepper, oregano and a little salt. Mix well and keep aside. For the chicken filling combine grated cheese and finely shredded chicken, season it with pepper and oregano. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a small bowl take flour, mix it with little water and make a smooth thick paste and keep aside. Will use this as a glue to seal the edges of our cigar rolls.
- Cut each samosa strip/ patti into 3 rectangular pieces. Take a piece and place little filling at one corner and roll it up tightly to make a cigar.
- Seal the edge using a little flour paste. Dip both the corners too in the paste, this will help in sealing the stuffing inside.
- Repeat the same with the remaining strips and deep-fry in hot oil on a medium flame till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides. . Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with chilli garlic sauce or tomato ketchup.