Cheesy Grilled Chicken
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 25-30 mins Servings: 4 |
Cheesy grilled chicken…tastes as good as it sounds. A cheesy twist to our very own tandoori chicken. Please do try this hot n spicy, cheesy n creamy grilled chicken and do send us your feed back on it.
- 1 whole chicken of around 1 kg - cut into 8 pieces
- Dried mixed herbs to sprinkle
- ½ cup hung yoghurt
- 2 tbsp red chilli paste or 2 tbsp red chilli powder + 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 tbsp tandoori masala powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp oil
For white sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp refined flour/Maida
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup processed cheese - grated
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces. Make deep incisions with a sharp knife.
- Mix together all the ingredients for marinade. Rub it well over all the chicken pieces and leave it to marinate for 4-6 hours.
- Cook the chicken pieces in an electric or charcoal grill till done.
- Heat butter in a pan, when it melts add the flour and cook on a slow flame stirring continuously.
- Add the milk gradually, keep stirring it and cook till it thickens and attain a thick flowing consistency.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Allow it to cool a little and mix in grated cheese.
- Line a baking tray with the baking/butter paper and keep all the cooked chicken pieces on it.
- Pour around 2 -3 tbsp of white sauce on each chicken piece, sprinkle some dried herbs over it and grill it in the pre-heated oven @180 C for 8-10 minutes or microwave it on high power for around 6-8 minutes or till the cheese melts and it gets a beautiful golden colour.
- Serve hot with a salad and a dip/sauce of your choice.