Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 15-25 mins Servings: |
Pineapple Chutney can be kept in the fridge for over a month and its sweet and tangy flavor tastes great.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely grated
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp chana dal (split bengal gram)
- 1 tsp urad dal (split black gram)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 whole red chillies
- Few curry leaves
- 2 tsp oil
Directions & How to
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok; add onions and garlic and sauté till the onions become soft and translucent.
- Add the chopped pineapple and salt and fry them for couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat, let it cool down. Transfer to a food processor and pulse for few seconds.
- Reheat the pineapple, add chilli powder and sugar and cook on medium to high heat till sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts to look transparent. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat oil and add both dals, sauté for 1 minute. Then splutter mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves and temper the chutney.
- Cool to room temperature and then transfer the chutney to a sterilized jar. Keep in the refrigerator for over a month.