Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 15-20 mins
Cooking Time: 60-90 mins
Egg Halwa is something that is enjoyed by young and adults alike. It is packed with health benefits and a great tea accompaniment.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 liter full cream milk
- 600 g sugar
- 400 g ghee
- 100 g khoya
- Few drops almond essence
- For garnishing almond flakes
Directions & How to
- In a large sauce pan break the egg and lightly beat them.
- Add milk, sugar, ghee, khoya and milk in a blender and blend it to a smooth liquid.
- Now add this liquid mixture to the beaten eggs and mix vigorously so that everything is mixed well.
- Put this egg liquid mixture on high heat and bring to a boil by stirring continuously.
- After the first boil lower the heat and keep stirring till eggs begin to curdle and form granules. (Ghee will start to separate at this stage and the mixture will form thick yellow paste).
- Cook it further till the paste becomes golden brown.
- Transfer it to a greased metallic tray. Spread them evenly and sprinkle almond flakes over it.
- Let it set for a little while and cut them in square or diamond shape. These can be stored in refrigerator for about 4 weeks.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe