Pepper Fried Eggs
Total Time: Preparation Time: 5-10 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4 |
A quick and tasty preparation of eggs. Serve the pepper fried eggs as an appetizer or as an accompaniment or side dish with some pulao and biryani. Its easy to put up dish with minimal efforts and time.
- 4-5 hard boiled eggs - cut into halves
- 1 tbsp pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 -3 flakes of garlic - finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dry mango/amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 sprig on curry leaves - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Dry roast the pepper corns and crush it to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add curry leaves and cumin seeds and let it crackle, add garlic and fry till it turns golden brown. Take off the flame.
- After it cools down a little, add to it coriander powder, half of pepper and salt, mix and keep it back on a slow flame.
- Place the eggs on it, yolk side down and let it cook. After two minutes flip it once, sprinkle remaining pepper powder, amchur powder and coriander leaves. Fry for another 2 minutes and take off the flame.
- Serve hot.