Mushroom Tomato Pulao
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4 |
Easy, delicious, aromatic and colorful, mushroom tomato pulao, perfect for your party table.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 100 grams fresh button mushrooms
- 1 large firm tomato
- ½ small onion
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt as per taste
- 4 cups of hot water
- 3 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Slice mushrooms. Cut the onion into thin slices. Remove the inner pulp of tomato and cut it into very small pieces, chop the coriander leaves finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, when it crackle add onion, mushrooms, tomato and ginger garlic paste and sauté it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice, salt and coriander leaves, stir it nicely and add hot boiling water and let it cook uncovered on medium high flame for around 3-4 minutes or till the water starts absorbing and then reduce the heat, seal the pan with the foil paper and cover the lid and cook it on the slowest flame for around 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.