Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 6-8 |
Scrumptious crisp spring rolls…a delicious starter, snack, finger food…its just awesome however and whenever you have it….
- 10-12 spring roll sheets
- 1 small onion
- 2 carrots - cut into thin strips
- 8-10 french beans - cut into thin strips
- 1 red and yellow bell pepper - cut into thin strip
- 1/2 small cabbage - finely shredded
- 8-10 garlic flakes - chopped finely
- 1 tbsp light soya suace
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Few pinch of mono sodium glutamate/ ajinomoto - optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp flour/maida
- Oil for frying
Directions & How to
- Heat around 2 tbsp oil in a wok, add garlic and fry till it changes colour. Add onions and fry till it turns little soft.
- Mix in all the veggies and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vinegar and soya sauce and ajinomoto/mono sodium glutamate (if using).
- Season with salt and pepper and take off the flame.
- In a small bowl, take the flour, add little water to it and make a thick paste. Keep aside. We will use this as a glue paste to seal the edges of the rolls.
- Spread the spring roll wrappers on a flat surface. Place a spoonful of filling on one side of the wrapper. Fold in the edges and roll tightly.
- Seal the edge with the flour paste. In the same way make remaining rolls.
- Deep fry in hot oil on medium heat till golden and crisp.
- Remove on absorbent paper. Serve hot with tomato sauce.