Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 15-20 mins
Cooking Time: 25-35 mins
Servings: 4 |
Mutton razala is a famous Bengali dish. This yoghurt based mutton curry goes well with naan and rice both.
- 500 g mutton pieces
- 2 medium sized white onion paste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3-4 whole dry red chillies
- 1 cup thick yoghurt, well beaten
- 2-3 tbsp ghee
- 3-4 green cardamom
- 1 stick cinnamon
- Few peppercorns
- 1 tsp poppy seeds, ground to paste
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut, ground to paste
- Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- Wash and pat dry the mutton pieces.
- Marinate the mutton pieces with salt, ginger garlic paste, red chillies and onion paste for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and sizzle cardamom, cinnamon and peppercorns.
- Add the marinated mutton and cook on high heat, stirring well till ghee starts to separate.
- Add about ¾ cup water, cover and cook till the mutton is half cooked. Add more water if required.
- Now add the poppy and coconut paste and cook on low till the mutton is completely cooked and ghee floats on top.
- Switch off the heat; stir in well beaten yoghurt and cover back. Let it stand for 15 minutes before serving.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe