Easy, quick, healthy and tasty veg pulao. Boiled rice mixed with lightly sauteed veggies and then cooked on dum, brings out the subtle taste in this lovely colourful mild spicy pulao. Enjoy this with a delicious salad and raita…its a good option for lunch box too.
- 2 cups bastmati rice - washed and soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 small onion- finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic flakes - finely chopped
- 2 green chillies - slit
- 1 tbsp each carrot, french beans and capsicum - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green peas
- 1 tbsp sweet corn
- 50 grams cottage cheese or paneer- cut into very small cubes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- Water for boiling the rice
Directions & How to
- Boil rice in a large pan filled with enough water and little salt till 3/4th done. Strain and keep aside.
- In a separate pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds and garlic, fry till garlic changes color, add onions and fry till translucent, add green chillies, all the vegetables and paneer cubes, stir, add salt and vinegar, and cook it covered for around 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled rice and mix well. Be careful not to break the grains. Seal the pan with the foil paper, cover the lid and cook it on the slowest flame for around 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.