Chicken Channa Dal Fry
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Total reviews: 3 Views: 333
Chicken channa dal fry is a spicy dish of chicken with lentils with a wonderful blend of flavors of curry leaves and red chillies. The combination of chicken and dal makes it more interesting and tasty.
- 500 grams chicken - cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup channe ki dal/bengal gram
- 1 small onion - sliced
- 3 tomatoes - chopped
- 5-6 garlic flakes
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5-6 dry red chillies
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- Salt as per taste
- 3-4 tbsp oil
Directions & How to
- Soak channe ki dal for 2-3 hours. Boil till done. Take care not to over cook the dal. it should be be firm not mushy.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom kadhai/wok. Add mustard seeds, red chillies, garlic and curry leaves and fry it for around 1 minute.
- Add onions and fry till translucent. Mix in chicken and saute it well on medium high flame.
- When it is half cooked add dal, chilli powder, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Saute well, add tomatoes and cook it covered till chicken is cooked through.
- Add dry mango powder stir well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.