Crispy Semolina Fish
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 4 |
Crispy Semolina Fish is soft from inside and crisp from outside. The mustard paste gives it sharp flavor and garam masala and chilli add to the heat.
- 500 g fish (any kind)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp mustard paste
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs (rosemary, oregano, basil)
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- ½ cup semolina, to coat
- Vegetable oil to deep fry
Directions & How to
- Sprinkle salt and lemon juice on fish pieces and rub to coat well. Keep aside for ½ an hour.
- After ½ an hour mix in garlic, chilli and garam masala powders, dried herbs, kasuri methi and vinegar. Let it marinate for at least 4-6 hours covered in the refrigerator.
- Add corn flour to the fish, mix well to absorb the excess moisture of the marinade. Do not add too much.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan. Spread semolina onto a plate. Press each fish piece on semolina to coat well from both sides.
- Drop in hot oil and fry on both sides till crisp. Serve with your favourite sauce or chutney.