Meethe Dahi Bhalle
Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-20 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 6-8 |
Be the first to review Views: 1,040
Meethe dahi bhalle….the sweet version of dahi vadas…a very delectable and tasty dish for the people with sweet tooth…serve it chilled…its a relish to have in summer.
For the bhallas/vadas
- 1/2 cup dhuli urad dal/split and skinned black lentils
- 1/2 cup dhuli moong dal/split and skinned green gram
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
For the dahi dressing
- 3 cups yogurt
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cashewnuts/kaju and raisins for garnishing
Directions & How to
- Wash and soak both the dals together for 6-7 hours or over night.
- Drain it well and grind it together with little salt to a smooth paste using little water.
- Remove it in a large mixing bowl and whisk well till the batter is light and fluffy. Add little more water if required.
- Heat oil in a deep wok/kadhai and drop spoonful of the batter and deep fry in hot oil on a slow flame till the vadas or bhalles are light golden and crisp. Once done remove and put it in a bowl of water. Let it soak for 2-3 minutes. Remove the vadas, gently press to squeeze out extra water. Arrange it in a single layer in a serving dish and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, take yogurt, add a pinch of salt and sugar as required (as much sweet as you want) and whisk it well till sugar dissolves and it turns nice smooth and creamy. Pour it over the bhallas or vadas. Garnish with kaju and raisins and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Serve chilled.