Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking Time: 10-12 mins
Servings: 4-6 |
A spicy Indochinese recipe of prawns. Enjoy this mouth watering chilli prawns with fried rice or noodles.
- 500 grams fresh tiger prawns - cleaned, shelled and deviened
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped spring onions - the white part
- 1/4 cup chopped greens of spring onion
- 3-4 green chillies - slit
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 6-7 garlic flakes - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 3 tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of red food color - optional
- A pinch of ajinomoto/MSG
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 3 tbsp of rice flour or refined flour
- 3 tbsp oil + extra oil for deep frying the mushrooms
Directions & How to
- In a mixing bowl take prawns. Add ginger garlic paste, a tsp of red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Add corn flour and rice flour, mix well and deep fry in hot oil till golden and crisp.
- Remove on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat around 3 tbsp of oil in a wok, add garlic and fry it till it turns brown.
- Add onions and green chillies and saute it till it turns a little soft .
- Add soya sauce, vinegar, red chilli sauce, chilli powder, food color if using, salt and ajinomoto and a tbsp of water and let it cook for a minute.
- Add the fried prawns, stir well and saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with greens of spring onions.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe