Savoury French Toast
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 4 |
Savoury french toast, also know as egg masala toast, is a quick and easy option for breakfast. Serve it along with the sweet french toast, for a complete meetha and teekha breakfast. It tastes good as a snack with your evening tea too.
- 6 slices of white or brown bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 tomato
- 2-3 green chillies
- A handful of coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder/amchur
- 1 tsp corn flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Directions & How to
- Grind onion, chillies, tomato and coriander to a course paste.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, add the ground paste, salt, all the spices, corn flour and milk. Mix well.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture and fry it on both the sides in a non stick pan using little oil or ghee.
- Serve hot.