Total Time: Preparation Time: 5-10 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Baigan pakoras or egg plant fritters…a delicious and crisp tea time snack, and a good option for iftar recipe…its easy and quick to make as all the other pakoras…
- 4-5 small sized or baby brinjals/baigan/egg plants
- 3-4 tbsp gram flour/besan
- 3-4 tbsp rice flour/ chawal ka aata
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp corainder powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Water as required
Directions & How to
- Wash and cut brinjals into thin slices. Sprinkle little lemon juice and red chilli powder over it and keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile take all the other ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix it to a smooth and thick batter using required amount of water. Add water little by little and make a thick and smooth batter without any lumps.
- Mix the baigan slices in the batter and deep fry it in hot oil till golden and crispy.
- Do not over crowd the pan while frying, fry it a little at a time or in small batches for better results.
- Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.