Total Time: Preparation Time: 15-25 mins Cooking Time: 25-35 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Behari Kebab has become quite a favourite and popular dish. Here s a recipe that you can make without barbeque and enjoy it anytime.
- 1 kg boneless meat cut in long thin strips
- 3-4 medium sized onions
- 1 cup curd
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp raw papaya paste
- Oil as required, about 2/3 cup
For Powder Masala
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 star anise
- Few strands of mace
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
Directions & How to
- Finely slice the onions and fry till golden brown. Drain on paper towel and refrigerate immediately. Keep aside oil for later use.
- For masala powder lightly roast all the spices and grind to a fine powder.
- In a large glass bowl lightly beat the curd and mix in salt, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, vinegar, fried onion lightly crushed with hands and powdered masala.
- Now add the meat to this marinade and leave it for overnight. Add papaya paste 2-3 hours before cooking.
- Now heat the same oil in a pressure cooker. Add the marinated meat and cook on high heat for 8-10 minutes and then for about 15-20 minutes on low heat or till the meat is completely cooked.
- Let the pressure cool itself; dry out excess liquid if any.
- Smoke with coal for that barbeque smell and flavour. Enjoy with your choice of bread.