Dilli Aloo Chat
Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Servings: 4-6 |
Dilli aloo chat…a delicious, mouth watering, hot and spicy potato chat from the streets of delhi..crisp fried potatoes tossed with spicy masala..enjoy this with a hot cup of adrak wali chai..
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1/4 dry mango powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 green chillies- finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander mint chutney - optional
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Few slices of onion
- Lemon wedges
Directions & How to
- Cut the potatoes into cubes. Parboil them, drain and keep aside to cool.
- When cooled, sprinkle little red chilli powder, salt and the cornflour. Toss well and deep fry in hot oil till golden and crisp. Remove on absorbent paper.
- Take the crisp fried potatoes in a mixing bowl, sprinkle cumin powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, chat masala, coriander leaves, chopped chillies , green chutney (if using) and lemon juice. Toss well till all the pieces are coated well with the masalas.
- Transfer to small serving bowls and serve garnished with sliced onion and lemon wedges.