Rajasthani Mutton Masala
Click image to view picture gallery
Preparation Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking Time: 20-30 mins
Servings: 4 |
Rajasthani mutton masala is a spicy dish which can be savoured dry or with gravy. Very Indian, very tasty.
- 500 g mutton
- 4 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1tsp garam masala powder
- 4 green cardamoms
- 2 black cardamoms
- 5-6 black pepper corns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp mustard oil
Salt to taste
Directions & How to
- Mix coriander, red chill, garam masala and turmeric powder. Add a little water to make a paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add mutton pieces and salt. Fry well for 5-6 minutes. Add chilli coriander paste and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger -garlic paste and fry well. Cook till oil separates. Keep adding water so as not to let the masala burn.
- Add half cup of water to the mutton. Put the pressure on and cook on low heat for 15 minutes or till done.
- Garnish and serve with your choice of roti.
More similar recipes
Leave a comment below if you liked the recipe