Total Time: Preparation Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 15-20 mins Servings: 6-8 |
Masala vada or chana dal vada..is actually a south Indian veg snack…a pretty easy to prepare dish…which can be modified to yummy non veg tikkis just by adding cooked mince to it…its a very good option for picnic food…
- 1 cup bengal gram/chana dal - washed and soaked for 3-4 hours
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 3-4 green chillies - roughly chopped
- 5-6 garlic flakes
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 2 sprigs curry leaves - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp each chopped coriander and mint leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Directions & How to
- Take the soaked dal (drained well), green chillies, ginger and garlic in a mixer grinder and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl. Add chopped onions, curry leaves, mint and coriander leaves, salt, all the spices and lemon juice. Mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Take handful of vada mixture and shape it into tikkis and deep fry in hot oil on medium heat till done and crisp.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.